The Hawks Nursery Company is your source for creative landscape design and the finest quality installation services. Our staff is experienced, knowledgeable and capable of handling projects of any size or difficulty. Below is an example of how one of our Landscape Architects/Designers takes a residential project from the initial meeting with you to its installation in your yard.
1) Initial on-site meeting with an Architect/Designer. At this initial meeting (usually held at your site), we discuss what you would like to do, how you use your yard, and what you would like your outdoor space to be. We also review your existing site conditions, budget and phasing.
2) Gathering of Site Information. Next, we collect the information needed to put your specific landscape plan together. This includes measuring your site, cataloging any existing plant material, looking at drainage issues, good and bad views, etc.
3) Plan Development: The information gathered from the site is then combined with your needs and the skill of your Designer to create a preliminary or final landscape plan.
4) Review Meeting: You and the Architect/Designer review the design, and it is revised as needed. Installation costs are gone over, phasing is discussed and an approximate project start date is set.
5) Work Begins: Any removals, rough grading and drainage work are done. This generally is the messier stage of the project.
6) Hardscaping and Planting Bed Preparation: If patios, walkways or woodwork are part of the project, they are done at this phase. The Landscape Architect/Designer makes many trips to the site at this time to review the project with you and answer any questions you may have. They also work with the Project Foreman to make any adjustments necessary.
7) Plant Installation and Finishing Touches: Finally, any remaining plants are installed, beds are mulched and watered and the finishing touches are put onto your landscape. Your Landscape Architect/Designer is there for you during the whole process to make sure your collaborative landscape vision has been turned into reality.
|12217 Watertown Plank Road Wauwatosa, WI 53226||414-258-5525||E-mail Us|
|Map and Hours|