Tips for December
- Check trees and shrubs for rabbit, mouse and deer damage and take action.
- Don't forget about your house plants during the holidays. If they have been moved away from sunny windows reduce watering but check them weekly. After the holidays return them to their sunny spots and check for insects. Treat quickly before the problem spreads.
- Schedule your winter pruning of trees and shrubs.
- Place your Poinsettia in a cool (60-65 degree) area with plenty of bright light. Keep soil lightly moist at all times so leaves don't drop. Never leave water standing in the drainage tray.
- Winter is the best time to plan next years landscape projects. Contact a Hawks Landscape Designer for help.
- Begin Dormant pruning of trees (Especially Oaks and Elm)